There are 17 high demand career fields in Georgia according to the Technical College System of Georgia. Free Tuition is available. Click here to learn more about this opportunity.
This week’s career highlight is Welding. Click here to view video.
What they do:
Set up, operate, or tend welding, soldering, or brazing machines or robots that weld, braze, solder, or heat treat metal products, components, or assemblies. Includes workers who operate laser cutters or laser-beam machines.
On the job, you would:
- Inspect, measure, or test completed metal workpieces to ensure conformance to specifications, using measuring and testing devices.
- Read blueprints, work orders, or production schedules to determine product or job instructions or specifications.
- Assemble, align, and clamp workpieces into holding fixtures to bond, heat-treat, or solder fabricated metal components.
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- talking to others
Math and Science
- arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, or statistics
Engineering and Technology
High School Diploma or Certificate after high school
Leave a Reply